Infuse 4, the powerful video player for the new Apple TV (as well as for iPhone and iPad) has received its first update. It adds faster metadata fetching, improved audio and video quality, additional Dolby and DTS passthrough options and a handful of other enhancements.
Here’s what’s new in Infuse 4.0.1
- Much faster metadata fetching (about 5-10x times as fast depending on the video type)
- Infuse Pro badging in Settings to indicate when Pro features are active
- Prompt to resume or start from the beginning when playing videos
- Skip forward/back 10 seconds by clicking right/left edge of touch pad
- Auto-load details when selecting item from lower shelf (on movie/show details page)
- Double-tap top of touch pad to quickly return to the top of the poster grid view
- Separate Dolby and DTS passthrough options (for Sonos Soundbar users – and anyone else who has a device that supports one but not the other)
- Fixed audio cutting out when navigating through Playback Settings (with passthrough enabled)
- Folder artwork overriding for TV series
- Option to clear recently watched list
- Fixed issue with selecting share protocol type in some cases
- A handful of other minor fixes
Infuse 4 for Apple TV is a free upgrade for all current Infuse Pro users (v3 or later). Infuse 4 for iOS will also follow as a free update later this year.
There are 2 ways to download Infuse.
Note: The same features are available whether you upgrade to Pro via In-App Purchase, or purchase the standalone Infuse Pro app.
- Best deals on TVs for Apple TV
- Best deals on Bluetooth speakers for Apple TV 4
- Best deals on Bluetooth headphones for Apple TV 4
- Best deals on AirPlay speakers for Apple TV (2nd, 3rd and 4th gen.)
- Best deals on skins/stickers for Apple TV (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen.)
- Best deals on Bluetooth keyboards for Apple TV 2 & 3
- TotalMount Pro for Apple TV (2nd, 3rd and 4th gen.) now 33% off