Now, that Apple offers customers an Apple TV App Store and Xcode to developers, Plex has released official Plex app.
To run Plex (Player) on Apple TV 4 you need to have the latest Plex Media Server running on a Mac, PC, Linux, FreeBSD or a NAS that can transcode. More info can be found on Plex Support.
Here is my video showing the new Apple TV app with Plex Server running on a NAS.
Also check out: Infuse 4 for Apple TV 4: first look (video)
You can find more videos on my YouTube channel AskUncleDave.
Note that DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported in Plex for Apple TV.
Plex app is free in the Apple TV App Store.
Also available in the Apple TV App Store is Simple X – a third party client for Plex Media Server. It can browse and play videos from Plex servers both on the local network and remotely. However, it does not currently support Mucis or Photo sections in Plex.
- Apple TV 4 hacked to run a web browser
- New Apple TV hacked to enable app folders
- MAME emulator running on Apple TV 4
- AirParrot 2: the ultimate companion app for Apple TV 4
- Official Plex app for Apple TV released
- How Apple is fixing what’s wrong with console gaming today
Be sure to follow Apple TV Hacks on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ for all the latest Apple TV-related news.
CommentsBe The First to Comment