Sources familiar with Apple’s plans tell BuzzFeed News the company intends to hold a special event the week of Sept. 7, with Wednesday the 9th being the most likely date.
The long-awaited Apple TV 4 is expected to be unveiled at this event:
Multiple sources familiar with Apple’s plans say Apple TV is currently part of the company’s fall event.
Apple TV 4 is expected to be slimmer than the current-generation model and feature Apple’s A8 chip, a new, “drastically improved” remote with touchpad, more on-board storage, an improved operating system with support for Siri voice control and a long-awaited App Store.
Back in March, we learned that Apple’s HDTV project had been dropped in early 2014 in favour of Apple TV 4.
Read more about Apple TV 4:
- Apple TV 4 hardware, software, release date detailed by Mark Gurman
- Multi-touch Bluetooth remote for Apple TV referenced in El Capitan beta 2
- Apple working on its own web TV service
- WSJ: Apple to launch $30-$40/month online TV service in September
- Reading between the lines of WWDC 2015 keynote