Following AirSquirrels update of AirParrot for Windows, the Mac version is now getting the same treatment. Bringing AirParrot for Mac to version 1.5.1, it adds better support for OS X 10.9 and the new Apple TV software 6.0.
The full AirParrot version 1.5.1 release notes are as follows:
- Added Apple TV OS 6.0 Compatibility
- AirParrot now sends the name of the mirroring computer to display on the receiving Apple TV (Apple TV OS 6.0)
- Initial OS X 10.9 Mavericks support
- Added a register option to the AirParrot menu in Trial mode
- Added preference to exclude Notification Center notifications while mirroring (10.8 and 10.9 only)
- Resolved an issue that caused an extended display to freeze on the Apple TV
- Misc. performance improvements and bug fixes
You can download this update by selecting “Check for Updates” from the AirParrot menu. The new version of AirParrot can also be downloaded from here.
AirParrot is a little program that can run on Windows or Mac OS X and that allows a user to stream movies, watch TV, play music, or even run XBMC on an Apple TV. It works by wirelessly mirroring your Mac or PC’s screen to your Apple TV, all without any additional wires, hacks or jailbreaks.
Be sure to check out our review of AirParrot here.