@YAMiNE_X nobody that I know (and Airplay sort of deflated any remaining motivation to anyway)
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) February 2, 2014
Yesterday we reported on a new Boot exploit discovered by iH8sn0w and the confusion it caused: whether or not it could be used to jailbreak the Apple TV 3? MuscleNerd has then clarified that iH8Sn0w’s A5(X) iBoot bug doesn’t apply to Apple TV 3.
The hacekr explained that Apple TV 3 “pretty much needs either a bootrom exploit, or for App development to all of a sudden open for on it” and added that “neither are likely”.
More on Apple TV 3 jailbreak:
- Apple TV 3 jailbreak confusion: No, iH8Sn0w’s A5(X) iBoot bug doesn’t apply to Apple TV 3
- There is still hope for Apple TV 3 jailbreak to become a reality
- State of the Apple TV 3 Jailbreak
- News on the Apple TV 3 jailbreak out of JailbreakCon 2012 (updated)
- Confirmed: Apple TV 3 jailbreak is in the works (updated)