FireCore, the maker of aTV Flash (black) and Seas0nPass, has just released Infuse 2, a significantly updated version of its popular video player app for iPhone and iPad. Infuse 2 lets you watch videos in as many as 14 formats on your iOS device and is optimized for iOS 7 and Retina displays, with AirPlay and subtitle support as well as trakt.tv integration baked right in.
Infuse 2 builds upon our vision of being ‘the beautiful way to watch videos’ by featuring a fresh, new, content-first design for iOS 7 that makes enjoying movies and TV shows on an iPhone or iPad better than ever.
We’ve previously reviewed Infuse as the best video player we’ve ever used and now Infuse 2 is set to only increase the greatness of the application.
- Automatically download and display cover art and other metadata from TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
- Connect with trakt to scrobble plays back to your account, submit ratings and post shouts.
- Use a standard web browser to easily transfer videos. No iTunes syncing required.
- Add subtitles in seconds with one-tap downloads from OpenSubtitles.org.
- Easily post what you’re watching to Facebook, Twitter and trakt…all optional of course.
- Localized in 31 different languages with native support for multiple audio tracks and subtitles.
Infuse 2 is available from the App Store as a free app and comes with a new premium in-app purchase called Infuse Pro, which is said to empower you to play additional media formats, stream videos from other devices (such as a Mac, PC or network drive), send a wider variety of video types over AirPlay, and enjoy full Dolby Digital Mobile Surround.
The Infuse Pro in-app purchase is available at an introductory price of $4.99, but it’s a free update for all current Infuse users (note: current Infuse users should tap the ‘Restore’ button instead of ‘Upgrade Now’ on the Infuse Pro upgrade prompt).
Infuse 2 requires iOS 7 or later.
Be sure to also check out a great review of Infuse by our friends at What’s On iPhone.