Apple announced at this year’s WWDC they are working on a new version of the Remote app for iPhone and iPad that will get all the features of the Apple TV Siri Remote, including touch navigation, Siri and game play support. According to CNET, the redesigned app will be released to the public this summer but the beta version is now available for testing and can be accessed by registered developers.
After downloading the Apple TV Remote IPA, you will be able to install the app directly to your iPhone or iPad via iTunes. The app requires an iPhone or iPad running iOS 9.3.2 or later, and the Apple TV running tvOS 9.2.1 or later.
9to5Mac’s Jeff Benjamin has already got his hands on the new app. Taka a look at his video walkthrough:
As noted by 9to5Mac, the new Apple TV Remote will allow you to:
- Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
- Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to, or play
- Dictate text, including usernames and passwords
- Enter text with the keyboard
- Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope on your iOS device
- Game Mode with simplified game controls, available while holding your iOS device in a landscape orientation
- Controll the movie, TV show, or song that’s currently playing in the Now Playing screen
Learn more about everything Apple announced at WWDC 2016.
Be sure to follow Apple TV Hacks on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ for all the latest Apple TV-related news.
CommentsBe The First to Comment