Firecore has released another major update to its Media Player for the 2nd generation (black) Apple TV. Version 0.7 adds a number of new features (like support for chapters and .srt subtitles) and resolves a number of bugs. According to Firecore it’s a “solid update” that moves aTV Flash developer one step closer to the final version of Media Player for Apple TV2.
Here is the complete list of new features and improvements:
- Added new playback menu (hold select during playback)
- Added support for .srt subtitles
- Added support for multiple audio tracks
- Added support for chapters
- Added support for localized metadata
- Added support for local cover art
- Added option to refetch metadata for a specific file
- Added option to clear all metadata
- Added toggle setting for volume control
- Improved metadata fetching (courtesy of themoviedb.org)
- Improved progress bar controls
- Improved DVD playback and ff/rw controls
- Improved audio track selection logic
- Resolved aspect ratios issues for certain video types
- Resolved file browsing related crashes
- Resolved metadata fetching related crashes
- Resolved audio queue related errors
- Resolved Top Shelf related playback issues
- Resolved playback related memory leaks
- Minor UI improvements
- Many other miscellaneous fixes
The new playback menu provides quick access to chapters, audio tracks and subtitles. To access this menu simply press and hold the center (select) button during playback. Press the menu button to return to the movie.
Note: Chapter controls can also be accessed by pressing the down arrow on the remote during playback.
Media Player 0.7 can be installed on your ATV2 (with aTV Flash black already installed) through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu.
You may also want to read:
Apple TV Software Update 4.3 Adds TV Show Purchases and iCloud Support
How to Jailbreak Apple TV 2 on iOS 4.3 or iOS 5 Beta with Seas0nPass 0.7.7 (untethered)
aTV Flash (black) Beta6 for Apple TV 2 Now Available
CommentsBe The First to Comment