Reuters has released a major update to its Reuters TV app for iOS and tvOS. Version 2.0 introduces new featured programs – thematic programs curated and hosted by Reuters journalists – alongside live feeds of global events and personalized video newscasts.
The update also includes a major redesign on both Apple TV and the Web versions.
Reuters TV 2.0 features three ways to watch for most users:
An algorithmically assembled but editorially curated news program that is:
- Any duration (between 5 and 30 minutes)
- Customized to each viewer’s interests and location
- Downloadable for offline viewing
- Thematic, editorially-curated programs, on topics from Zika to Brexit to the battle to retake Mosul
- Offers a more in-depth understanding of a major issue in the news
- Hosted by a Reuters journalist to provide context around the topic
- Multiple new programs added each week
- Real-time coverage of global events, from protests to Presidential speeches
- Unfiltered and uninterrupted
- Available live and on-demand
- Currently available on all platforms except Android, with support for that platform coming soon
Editorial content from Reuters TV is produced exclusively for the service and draws upon Reuters extraordinary reach from 2,500 journalists in over 160 countries. In order to deliver the service’s variable program lengths, all content is produced in multiple versions and organized by editorial teams in London, Hong Kong, New York and Washington DC, providing 24/7 coverage for viewers.
Search for “Reuters TV” on your Apple TV’s App Store to download the free app.