AirParrot for Mac 2.2.1 release notes:
- Hardware acceleration now more intelligently defers to software encoding if performance would be better in software
- Improved Cast mirroring and streaming support, especially on lossy networks
- Added a preference to manually toggle between hardware and software encoding
- Added better support for “Dark Mode” in OS X 10.10 and later
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and stability improvements.
You can download this update by selecting “Check for Updates” from the AirParrot preferences menu. The new version of AirParrot 2 can also be downloaded from here.
Back in June Squirrels released version 2.2 of AirParrot for Mac adding support for audio streaming to 1st gen. AirPort Express and hardware encoding, meaning that AirParrot 2 uses available hardware encoding to capture screens and transcode media files at much lower CPU usage when streaming to Apple TV and Chromecast (OS X 10.9 and greater).
Read our review of AirParrot.