FireCore has released an update to their aTV Flash (black) for Apple TV 2. aTV Flash (black) 1.6 adds integrated subtitle downloads (courtesy of OpenSubtitles.org), support for purchased iTunes content, expanded codec support, refined video playback, improved networking, Wake-on-Lan (WOL), additional translations and a bunch of other improvements and bug fixes.
Here is a full changelog:
- Added integrated subtitle downloads from OpenSubtitles.org
- Added support for purchased iTunes content (matching iTunes login required)
- Added video deinterlacing option
- Added Wake-on-Lan (WOL)
- Added Portuguese (Portugal) translation
- Added support for displaying subtitles in lower ‘black bar’
- Added support for .WTV files
- Added support for multiple simultaneous AFP connections
- Improved bulk fetching & added automatic artwork caching
- Improved automatic downscaling for large thumbnails
- Improved metadata reloading for images
- Improved buffering over AFP
- Resolved various audio synchronization issues
- Resolved possible overflow in 5.1 AC3 audio
- Resolved issues with zoom for 4:3 movies
- Resolved missing audio for .dvr-ms files (ASF containers)
- Resolved rare SRT file crash
- Resolved issues with slideshow animation
- Resolved file specific metadata fetching issues
- Resolved rare ISO file crashes
- Resolved issue with displaying identical thumbnails for images with the same name
- Resolved metadata loading issues for files containing non-latin characters
- Resolved rare 5ch audio file crash
- Resolved issues with incorrect metadata for files with ‘<TVShow Name>/S01E0.avi’ pattern
- Resolved auto-start issues in Couch Surfer
- Reduced memory footprint for large software-decoded videos and slideshows
- Other minor UI improvements & bug fixes
If you’re already running a version of aTV Flash (black), the new 1.6 version can be installed through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu. Links for the new version can also be found in your FireCore account under the Downloads tab.
If you’re not yet using aTV Flash (black) you can get started here.
IMPORTANT: Once the Apple TV 3 jailbreak is available your aTV Flash (black) license will cover both Apple TV 2 and Apple TV 3.