Update! Seas0nPass has been updated to support an un-tethered jailbreak of the new AppleTV 4.3 (revision 8F455) software. Seas0nPass is the first jailbreak to support the new 4.3 version. Yes!
What shiny things you have by updating to AppleTV iOS 4.3?
- iTunes TV Shows: Purchase your favorite TV shows directly from the iTunes Store, and watch the shows you already own, in HD.
- Vimeo: Browse and play videos from Vimeo, access your video inbox, and mark videos you want to watch later.
- You’ll need iOS 4.3 is also required to access Movie and TV Show rentals.
What happens to my jailbreak status and settings if I update to 4.3?
Well, you’ll lose all your jailbroken settings and installed goodies. Remember, you can disable the auto-update in the Maintenance->Settings menu.
Is aTV Flash (black) compatible?
But you can then re-run aTV Flash (black, Beta 6) installer after jailbreaking iOS 4.3 and you’ll be automatically be updated to the latest and “awesomest” version. In addition to that, you can get a new version of Media Player (0.7.1) from our friends at FireCore.
What’s new in Media Player 0.7.1?
- More subtitle types, options and support,
- Folder cover art,
- Improved streaming, DVD playing, buffering,
- Lots of fixes.
You can get this new version from the Maintenance->Manage Extras menu.
You can get the latest version of Seas0nPass and its ever handy user guides here.
Image courtesy of walknboston, Flickr